Daniel W. Dunn // Vice President
Tech Data Corporation, January 1999 - April 2006
Loss Prevention & Security Department, Vice President
Directly responsible for worldwide corporate security of a Fortune 100 public company with operations located throughout North America, South America, Central America, Europe and the Middle East. Responsible for all domestic and foreign investigations in matters relating to internal and external civil and criminal activities including, but not limited to, fraud, theft, robbery, burglary, regulatory compliance, cash compliance, security contacts, and physical security measures. Responsible for the design, installation and operation of site specific integrated security systems worldwide. These sites included office environments as well as logistical centers that held hundreds of millions of dollars of high technology inventory. A member of the Corporate Ethics Committee that reviewed all ethics issues and made recommendations to Senior Executive Management on ethics matters. Reported directly to the Chief Financial Officer and on occasion to the Board of Directors.
United States Customs Service, Office of Investigations
Group Supervisor, Air Smuggling Investigations Group 1988 - 1999
Directly responsible for the supervision of a narcotics smuggling investigative group consisting of a minimum of ten special agents, five pilots, one investigative analysis and one investigative aide. Provided guidance and supervision to Special Agents conducting complex international narcotics investigations involving general aviation and commercial aviation narcotics smuggling. Position required extensive knowledge of federal laws, regulations, and procedures, specifically criminal and civil laws as well as investigative procedures.
Received Outstanding Evaluations for every year as a Supervisory Special Agent. The Air Smuggling Investigative Group routinely led in federal indictments, arrest and seizures in the Tampa Office of U.S. Customs Service, Office of Investigations.
United States Customs Service, Office of Investigations
Senior Special Agent, 1984 - 1988
As a Senior Special Agent, conducted complex domestic and international criminal and civil investigations of violations of federal Customs laws and regulations. These investigations included narcotics smuggling, money laundering, fraud, export of technology, child pornography, and intellectual property rights violations, among other violations of federal statutes. Directly responsible for the numerous federal criminal indictments and convictions of defendants involved in violation of federal laws.
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
Law Enforcement Division, Assistant Special Agent in Charge - Special Operations, 1976-1984
Directly responsible for the creation and supervision of the Special Operation Group of the Law Enforcement Division of NOAA. Supervised a task force consisting of Special Agents and state law enforcement officers targeting international and domestic fisheries and conservation violations. This task force encompassed the seventeen southeastern states, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
Received the highest award given in the United States Department of Commerce, the Administrator's Award for achievements in supervision and criminal investigations.
- United States Army 1972-1973
Military Intelligence Reserves
Assigned to the 310 Military Intelligence Reserve Detachment as a Counter-Intelligence Special Agent
- United States Army 1970-1972
Central and South America
Assigned to the 470 Military Intelligence Group, Fort Amador, Canal Zone. Received the Army Commendation Medal for meritorious service while serving in Military Intelligence
Education and Training
- Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice - University of South Florida, 1976
- Treasury Law Enforcement Training School - Glynco, GA
- Advanced Law Enforcement Photography - Glynco, GA
- Criminal Interrogation and Behavioral Analysis Interviews - Reid College, Chicago, IL
- NOAA Scuba Diving Training Evidence Recovery - Miami, FL
- Water Survival Training - Homestead AFB, FL
- Firearms Instructors School - Glynco, GA
- Internal Affairs Investigations - Miami, FL
- White Collar Crime Training - Glynco, GA
- Seminar for Supervisors - Tampa, FL
- In-Service Legal Training - Glynco, GA
- Customs Special Agent School - Glynco, GA
- Supervisory Training - Jacksonville, FL
- Undercover Managers School - Leesburg, VA
- Narcotics Smuggling Investigations - Tucson, AZ
- Supervisory Refresher Training - Glynco, GA
- Air Smuggling Investigations Training - Tampa, FL
- Asset Forfeiture Tactics - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Officer Safety & Survival - FDLE Tampa, FL
- Automated Information Systems Training - Glynco, GA
Instructed at the following state law enforcement academies on investigative practices, procedures and techniques:
- Florida Highway Patrol Academy, Tallahassee, FL
- Florida Marine Patrol Academy, Tallahassee, FL
- Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Tampa, FL
- Mississippi State Police, Biloxi, MS
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, Glynco, GA
- Multi jurisdictional Counter drug Task Force, St. Petersburg, FL
- Criminal Justice Institute (SPJC), St. Petersburg, FL
- Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association
- Association of Former Customs Special Agents
- American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS)
- Technology Asset Protection Association (TAPA)
Thirty-five years of distinguished corporate, federal law enforcement, and military experience. Possesses a high-level of education and specialized technical training, together with excellent knowledge of Federal Rules of Evidence and Criminal Procedures. Qualifications include a background in progressively responsible positions and superior performance records in the following areas:
- Responsible for the corporate security department of a public company operating throughout North America, South America, Central America, Europe and the Middle East with annual revenues of in excess of twenty billion dollars.
- Supervised and conducted highly complex, domestic and international investigations involving Narcotics Trafficking and Smuggling, Money Laundering, Fraud, Illegal Export of High Technology and Weapons.
- Achieved significant results in arrest, indictments, convictions and seizures of real property.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- Extensive courtroom experience in trial preparation/litigation experience.
- Recipient of numerous awards and commendations for outstanding service and performance.
- Directly responsible for managerial and administrative staff involving the evaluation process of personnel and review of internal management controls.
- Regularly provided classroom instruction to Law Enforcement academies.
- Held Top-Secret Clearance